USFN is a not-for-profit, national association of mortgage banking law firms, trustee companies, and associated vendor members. Founded in 1988, USFN is comprised of professionals in foreclosure and bankruptcy legal practices from across the nation in a single resource network of information, service, and professional practice. Through its many committees and work groups (including bankruptcy, education, legal issues, publications, and REO/eviction), the collective strength of USFN offers comprehensive services to the mortgage banking industry.
Industry input is solicited by USFN from the industry representatives on its advisory board and other planning groups. This has been instrumental in assisting USFN in producing a comprehensive array of publications and resources helpful to the loan servicing industry. (Several of these USFN publications have received national awards, too.) As a resource network, USFN provides the mortgage industry with referral services, educational programs, industry news, training and reference tools and resources, legislative and regulatory input, valuable and unique publications, and online services. USFN members work hand-in-hand with their clients and offer case-specific services related to foreclosures, bankruptcies, evictions, title work, loss mitigation, assignments, REOs, reconveyances, and much more.
As a service to the industry, USFN sponsors Loan Management and Servicing Seminars throughout the year in locations convenient to the servicing industry. Widely known in the industry and highly respected, the education sessions at these seminars are conducted as roundtable discussions, with topics covering a full range of loan management and servicing issues. Interaction among attendees, brainstorming, and lively discussion are always part of the program. USFN also works with other organizations (such as the Mortgage Bankers Association and the National Association of Chapter Thirteen Trustees) in presenting educational sessions requiring legal expertise. Since 2004, USFN has held an annual Legal Issues Seminar each July. Invited participants include in-house counsel, litigation managers, and paralegals from major mortgage companies and GSEs, with guest panelists from government, industry, and the legal profession.
Besides publishing the industry's go-to reference publication, The National Mortgage Servicer's Reference Directory (NMSRD™), USFN offers these training and reference resources:
- Successors in Interest (SII) National Reference Guide - this online guide provides to subscribers assistance in navigating the SII regulations of the Bureau of Consumer Financial Protection, addresses 50 states and D.C.
- The Desk Guide series - four comprehensive guides covering bankruptcy, foreclosure, manufactured homes, and REO/eviction. State-specific information for all 50 states and D.C. is presented.
- Foreclosure Timelines Matrix™ - excerpted from the NMSRD, this is a handy resource for quick state-by-state reference.
- Eviction Timelines Matrix™ - state-by-state coverage comprehensively, yet concisely, addresses eviction and personal property disposition.
- Complimentary subscriptions to the USFN Report (quarterly newsmagazine) and the USFN e-Update (monthly e-newsletter) are available to industry professionals. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request inclusion in the distribution list.
- A wealth of information on USFN's website at www.usfn.org, including a searchable library of USFN Report articles and archives of USFN e-Updates.
For further information on any of USFN's resources and services, please call us at 800-635-6128, visit www.usfn.org, or email email@example.com.
Pamela L. Donahoo, CAE
USFN, America's Mortgage Banking Attorneys